Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Some Travel Tips and Information for Northampton MA

Travel Tips for Northampton MA

I hope you have enjoyed my musings on one of my favorite cities in the Northeast US. It really is a colorful place with loads of history. Many famous people lived and taught there. Jenny Lind named Northampton "the paradise of America" and indeed the city hosts the high end art fair, Paradise City each year. Sojourner Truth made her home in the city and Lydia Maria Child wrote the famous holiday song, "Over the River and Through the Woods" there. Kurt Vonnegut taught at Smith College. And my favorite tidbit is Sylvester Graham invented, yes you guessed it, the graham cracker in Northampton.

To read about the history of the city and also explore more of what it offers, please go to http://www.northamptonma.gov/ I am sure that you will appreciate the city once you go there and I hope my travel tips about Northampton as a day vacation destination has helped you.
Travel Day Trips

No comments:

Post a Comment